Summary of local survey report within the framework of People’s Eco-Life Project
ANALYSIS OF THE TERRITORY POTENTIAL FOR PRACTICAL APPLICATION AND ACTIVE PROMOTION OF ECO-FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGIES IN YAREMCHE CITY MUNICIPALITY IVANO-FRANKIVSKA REGION
Yaremche municipal environmental public organisation
During the study in Yaremche municipality main problems in ecological sector and sustainable use of natural resources were determined and also analyzed the implementation of local programmes aimed at ecological situation improvement.
Completed and existing local (municipal) programmes
- Programme “Social-economical and cultural growth of Yaremche town in year 2008” (resolution №1 dated 11.01.08 y.). Within the framework of the programme implementation of the project “Timber waste management for heat supply in Yaremche area for 2008—2009” is anticipated.
- “Programme of good quality drinking water supply available in sufficiency for the population of Yaremche city during 2006—2020” resolution dated 22.12.2005 year № 345-4/2005. The purpose of the programme is modernization of central water supply and drainage system by using latest materials and technologies, and also replacement of energy-spending equipment to the one very effective with low scale of power consumption.
- “Programme of good quality drinking water supply in sufficient quantity the population of Vorohta village during 2006—2020” (town soviet resolution dated 22.12.2005 y. №345-4/2005). Within the framework of this programme the question of water supply of the central part of the village is already resolved, new water purification station is built, and water meters are set up.
- Within the framework of “Programme of economical and ecological development in 2008” major repairs of pumping equipment, heating system and roofing of boiler houses were done, also warming and replacement of heating system.
- “Programme of restructuring housing and communal services in Yaremch, Ivano-Frankivska region during 2006—2010 years” (city council resolution dated 12. 01.2006 y. № 358-4/2006). The purpose of this programme is improvement of the city heating supply system due to moderate deconcentration, technical re-equipment and introduction of cogeneration technologies, building and reconstruction of heating supply systems by using isolated pipes, conduct replacement of old energy spending equipment (boilers and so on) using energy saving technologies and supply boiler houses with meters equipment.
- Development of public welfare and sanitary cleaning. Main purposes in years 2006—2010 are improvement of public welfare services in different town areas, establishing organizational and economic mechanisms to ensure positive changes in social-economic development of our region, ecological security of this area, increase the standard of living and create valuable environment.
- In order to improve sanitary cleaning and public welfare of settlements of the region (city council resolution dated 05.05.06 р № 18-1 / 2006) separate utility “Blagoustriy” was established. Main purposes in years 2006—2010 are improving quality of housing and pre-housing areas maintenance services, ensure transparency in establishing tariffs for given services, creating favourable terms and conditions without loss for enterprises that to perform maintenance services for houses and pre-housing areas, attraction and accumulation of investment resources for technical re-equipping of enterprises (utilities).
- Programme “About welfare of settlements on the territory of Yaremche town soviet in 2004—2020” Actually all paragraphs of this programme are financed and fulfilling.
- Yaremche city council resolution № 299-4 dated 26.05.05 “About approval rules of collecting, transporting, disposal, treating and burying of waste, as well as PET bottles as secondary raw materials on the territory of Yaremche municipality”. Actually all paragraphs of this programme are financed and fulfilling.
- “Programme about the treatment of solid everyday waste products on the territory of Yaremche town soviet during years 2006—2011” (city council resolution dated 06.07.2006, № 26-2/2006).
- Yaremche city council resolution №14 dated 25.03.08 y. “About the list of areas, appointed to city organizations for tidying up from littering and pollution”
Application of eco-friendly technologies
The example of eco-friendly technologies application is innovative heating unit “Akula”, which works on sawdust, that partly solves the problem of woodworking industry waste management. Unit works automatically and continuously, has a high efficiency (85—90%). There is no oxide air emission, therefore, bad influence on atmospheric air decreases.